Welcome to Hardware Addicts, a member of the Destination Linux Network. This is a podcast that obsesses over hardware. The CPU’s, GPU’s, bare metal raw love of silicone, ceramics, copper, and the physical components that power our world. In this episode, we will cover cloud gaming vs gaming on bare metal hardware. Who is likely to win this battle and are the days of dedicated gaming machine numbered? Also, gaming mice how do you pick the right one for you. I bet some people will learn more than they ever want to know about mice. Finally, Michael discusses why Intel GPU might lore him away from AMD. All this and more on Hardware Addicts!
Want to Support the Show?
Destination Linux Network Store = https://destinationlinux.network/store
Want to follow the show and hosts on social media?
You can find all of our social accounts at https://hardwareaddicts.org/hosts
Topics covered in this episode:
- Tech Adventures of the week including iPhone woes, Raspberry Pi, hitting that buy button on NewEgg shopping card, and troubleshooting a freezing PC.
- In our Core story we take on the subject of Cloud vs Hardware gaming.
- Google Stadia, Playstation Now, Microsoft XCloud and Apple Arcade.
- What powers these cloud servers and why companies want you to move to them.
- Why hardware still reigns supreme for now...
- AMD partnerships
- Apple sees a world without PC's
- In our Brain Filler we help you determine how to pick a good mouse
- Discusse Zowie, Corsair, Steel Series, Razer, and Logitech
- Talk about what to look for in DPI, Poll Rate, and the right opticals LED vs Laser, wired vs wireless.
- Finally we tackle the Intel AI advantage and why they may lore Michael away from AMD after all if what they're promising can deliver.
DLN Gives Back Charity Drive for FreeGeek
FreeGeek is helping to bridge the Digital Divide, Combat E-Waste and Fight for Right to Repair. For more information, visit https://destinationlinux.network/freegeek and be sure check out the interview with FreeGeek on Destination Linux Episode 151.